CONSERVATIVE SHARP WOUND DEBRIDEMENT CERTIFICATION (CSWD-C)
Organization for Wound Care Nurses and Allied Healthcare Professionals (OWCNAHP) is committed to providing Board Certification for all healthcare providers through evidenced based training programs and hands on skills competencies, while maintaining the highest standards of continuing medical & nursing education.
The Conservative Sharp Wound Debridement (CSWD-C) course is a national premier training program formulated to meet the basic educational needs of the Nurses working in different clinical settings. This course provides a comprehensive review about the Sharp Debridement and its application in Wound Management. In addition; skills competency session provides each attendee with the hands-on experience needed to function as a Wound Care Debridement Certified Nurse. Course participation will increase the knowledge, skills, ability and confidence of the attendees leading to improved patient outcomes. Upon successful completion of the program, all attendees will receive OWCNAHP certification as a “Wound Care Certified Nurse” (CSWD-C) title which is valid for (4) years and verifiable online at www.woundcarenurses.org.
- Define conservative sharp debridement.
- Identify reasons for conservative sharp debridement.
- Describe the types of debridement.
- Define anatomy and physiology of the integumentary system and the functional relationship of structure such as tendons, nerves and blood vessels.
- Discuss the indications and contraindications of Conservative Sharp Wound Debridement.
- Preparation for Conservative Sharp Wound Debridement procedure.
- Discuss documentation post-conservative sharp debridement procedure.
- Understand & follow safety precautions related to Sharp Debridement procedure.
- Demonstrate effective conservative sharp wound debridement techniques (Class Room Format Only).
- Documentation of CSWD and associated CPT Codes review for billing.
- Differentiation between Selective Debridement versus Non-Selective Debridement.
- Familiarization of all the required instruments and supplies needed for the Sharp debridement.
- Understand Pain associated with Sharp debridement procedure and management strategies.
CLASSROOM WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
December 03, 2022
January 14, 2023
February 11, 2023
March 11, 2023
April 15, 2023
May 13, 2023
June 10, 2023
July 15, 2023
August 19, 2023
September 09, 2023
October 07, 2023
November 11, 2023
December 02, 2023
TIME: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
One Day Onsite/Classroom Workshop
Involves lectures, interactive demonstrations and hands-on skills training.
One Day Virtual Workshop / Live Session
Involves lectures, interactive learning and visual training.
VIRTUAL WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
November 26, 2022
December 10, 2022
January 21, 2023
February 18, 2023
March 18, 2023
April 22, 2023
May 20, 2023
June 17, 2023
July 22, 2023
August 26, 2023
September 16, 2023
October 14, 2023
November 18, 2023
December 09, 2023
TIME: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
LVN – Licensed Vocational Nurses
LPN – Licensed Practical Nurse
RN – Registered Nurses
ADDRESS: 13988 Diplomat Drive #100
Farmers Branch, Texas 75234
HOW TO REGISTER
To register for the course, please visit Advanced Health Institute
Participants will earn 6.0 contact hours of continuing education credits for attending and successfully completing the competency skills.