CONSERVATIVE SHARP WOUND DEBRIDEMENT CERTIFICATION (CSWD-C)
Organization for Wound Care Nurses and Allied Healthcare Professionals (OWCNAHP) is committed to providing Board Certification for all healthcare providers through evidenced based training programs and hands on skills competencies, while maintaining the highest standards of continuing medical & nursing education.
The Conservative Sharp Wound Debridement (CSWD-C) course is a national premier training program formulated to meet the basic educational needs of the Nurses working in different clinical settings. This course provides a comprehensive review about the Sharp Debridement and its application in Wound Management. In addition; skills competency session provides each attendee with the hands-on experience needed to function as a Wound Care Debridement Certified Nurse. Course participation will increase the knowledge, skills, ability and confidence of the attendees leading to improved patient outcomes.. Upon successful completion of the program, all attendees will receive OWCNAHP certification as a “Wound Care Certified Nurse” (CSWD-C) title which is valid for (4) years and verifiable online at www.woundcarenurses.org.
- Define conservative sharp debridement.
- Identify reasons for conservative sharp debridement.
- Describe the types of debridement.
- Define anatomy and physiology of the integumentary system and the functional relationship of structure such as tendons, nerves and blood vessels.
- Discuss the indications and contraindications of Conservative Sharp Wound Debridement.
- Preparation for Conservative Sharp Wound Debridement procedure.
- Discuss documentation post-conservative sharp debridement procedure.
- Understand & follow safety precautions related to Sharp Debridement procedure.
- Demonstrate effective conservative sharp wound debridement techniques (Class Room Format Only).
- Documentation of CSWD and associated CPT Codes review for billing.
- Differentiation between Selective Debridement versus Non-Selective Debridement.
- Familiarization of all the required instruments and supplies needed for the Sharp debridement.
- Understand Pain associated with Sharp debridement procedure and management strategies.
CLASSROOM WORKSHOP SCHDULE
January 15, 2022
February 19, 2022
March 12, 2022
April 16, 2022
May 14, 2022
June 11, 2022
July 16, 2022
August 13, 2022
September 17, 2022
October 08, 2022
November 19, 2022
December 03, 2022
TIME: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
One Day Onsite/Classroom Workshop
Involves lectures, interactive demonstrations and hands-on skills training.
One Day Virtual Workshop / Live Session
Involves lectures, interactive learning and visual training.
VIRTUAL WORKSHOP SCHDULE
January 21, 2022
February 26, 2022
March 19, 2022
April 23, 2022
May 21, 2022
June 25, 2022
July 23, 2022
August 20, 2022
September 24, 2022
October 22, 2022
November 26, 2022
December 10, 2022
TIME: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
LVN/LPN – Licensed Vocational Nurses
RN – Registered Nurses
ADDRESS: 1420 VALWOOD PARKWAY, SUITE 170A
CARROLLTON, TEXAS 75006
HOW TO REGISTER
To register for the course, please visit Advanced Health Institute
Participants will earn 6.0 contact hours of continuing education credits for attending and successfully completing the competency skills.