CONSERVATIVE SHARP WOUND DEBRIDEMENT CERTIFICATION
Organization of Wound Care Nurses (OWCN) was established in 2010 in Dallas, Texas, U.S.A., for all Licensed Nurses practicing in different care settings. Organization of Wound Care Nurses (OWCN) provides training opportunities, collaboration & consultation with wound care experts, and clinical & administrative support world wide. Organization of Wound Care Nurses (OWCN) membership is free of cost and currently have thousands of members worldwide.
The Conservative Sharp Wound Debridement (CSWD-C) course is a national premier training program formulated to meet the basic educational needs of the nurses and other medical professionals working in different clinical settings. This course provides a comprehensive review about different types of wounds and management strategies currently utilized nationally. In addition; skills competency session provides each attendee with the hands-on experience needed to function as a wound care professional. Course participation will increase the knowledge, skills, ability and confidence of the attendees leading to improved patient outcomes.
- Define conservative sharp debridement.
- Identify reasons for conservative sharp debridement.
- Describe the types of debridement.
- Define anatomy and physiology of the integumentary system and the functional relationship of structure such as tendons, nerves and blood vessels.
- Discuss the indications and contraindications of Conservative Sharp Wound Debridement.
- Prepare for Conservative Sharp Wound Debridement.
- Discuss documentation post-conservative sharp debridement.
- Understand & follow safety precautions.
- Demonstrate effective conservative sharp wound debridement techniques.
- Documentation of CSWD and associated CPT Codes review for billing.
ADDRESS: 1420 VALWOOD PARKWAY, SUITE 170A
CARROLLTON, TEXAS 75006
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
LVN/LPN – Licensed Vocational Nurses
RN – Registered Nurses
APRN – Advanced Practice Nurses
PT / PTA – Physical Therapist
PA – Physician Assistants
HOW TO REGISTER
To register for the course, please visit Advanced Health Institute
Participants will earn 6.0 contact hours of continuing education credits for attending and successfully completing the competency skills.
December 07, 2019
January 25, 2020
February 22, 2020
March 21, 2020
April 18, 2020
May 02, 2020
June 27, 2020
July 18, 2020
August 15, 2020
September 19, 2020
October 24, 2020
November 14, 2020
December 05, 2020
TIME: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM