EXCISIONAL DEBRIDEMENT SPECIALIST CERTIFIED (EDS-C)
Organization for Wound Care Nurses and Allied Healthcare Professionals (OWCNAHP) is committed to providing Board Certification for all healthcare providers through evidenced based training programs and hands on skills competencies, while maintaining the highest standards of continuing medical & nursing education.
The Excisional Wound Debridement Certification (EDS-C) course is a national premier training program formulated to meet the educational needs of the Medical Providers working in different clinical settings. This course provides a comprehensive review about the Non-Selective Debridement and its application in Wound Management. In addition; skills competency session provides each attendee with the hands-on experience needed to function as a Excisional Wound Debridement certified Medical provider. Course participation will increase the knowledge, skills, ability and confidence of the attendees leading to improved patient outcomes. Upon successful completion of the program, all attendees will receive OWCNAHP certification as a “Excisional Debridement Specialist Certified” (EDS-C) title which is valid for (4) years and verifiable online at www.woundcarenurses.org.
- Define Non-Selective Debridement per CMS rules.
- Identify Indications for Excisional wound debridement.
- Describe the different types of wound debridement.
- Define anatomy and physiology of the integumentary system and the functional relationship of structure such as tendons, nerves and blood vessels.
- Explain the difference between Selective Wound Debridement versus Non-Selective Wound debridement.
- Procedure Review: Non-Selective Wound Debridement.
- Discuss documentation requirements post Non-Selective Wound Debridement procedure.
- Understand & follow safety precautions related to Excisional Wound Debridement procedure.
- Demonstrate effective Excisional wound debridement techniques utilizing animal tissue (Class Room Format Only).
- Documentation of Non-Selective Debridement and associated CPT Codes billing review.
- Familiarization of all the required instruments and supplies needed for the Excisional Wound debridement.
- Pain management associated with Excisional Wound debridement and management strategies.
CLASSROOM WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
July 16, 2022
August 13, 2022
September 17, 2022
October 08, 2022
November 19, 2022
December 03, 2022
TIME: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
One Day Onsite/Classroom Workshop
Involves lectures, interactive demonstrations and hands-on skills training.
One Day Virtual Workshop / Live Session
Involves lectures, interactive learning and visual training.
VIRTUAL WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
July 23, 2022
August 20, 2022
September 24, 2022
October 22, 2022
November 26, 2022
December 10, 2022
TIME: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
MD/DO/DPM – Physician
APRN – Advanced Practice Nurses
PA – Physician Assistant
ADDRESS: 1420 VALWOOD PARKWAY, SUITE 170A
CARROLLTON, TEXAS 75006
HOW TO REGISTER
To register for the course, please visit Advanced Health Institute
Participants will earn 8.0 contact hours of continuing education credits for attending and successfully completing the competency skills.