FOOT CARE CERTIFIED (FC-C)
Organization for Wound Care Nurses and Allied Healthcare Professionals (OWCNAHP) is committed to providing Board Certification for all healthcare providers through evidenced based training programs and hands on skills competencies, while maintaining the highest standards of continuing medical & nursing education.
Foot Care Certification program is one of the most comprehensive training programs available for nurses and allied medical professionals. Upon successful completion of the program nurses can receive the title “Foot Care Certified” and other Allied medical professionals can utilize the title as a “Foot Care Certified” professional. In addition to class participation, all attendees are required to complete 8.0 of hours of hands-on foot care skills review with a certified Foot Care professional i.e., Podiatrist or a Certified Foot Care Nurse. Upon successful completion of the program, all attendees will receive OWCNAHP certification as a “Foot Care Certified” (FC-C) title which is valid for (4) years and verifiable online at www.woundcarenurses.org.
- Define Anatomy and physiology of the nail and foot.
- Identify Diseases affecting the lower extremities & Functional Disabilities.
- Identify safe techniques of cutting the toe nails and removing hyperkeratotic lesions.
- Appropriate use of: nail nippers, curettes, stainless steel rasp or file, manual sanding files, powered rotary tool.
- Discuss techniques and protocols which will prevent cross contamination of instruments, equipment, environment, patient exposure.
- Describe the use of testing modalities such as the 5.07 Monofilament, tuning fork, Doppler.
- Principles in the Care of Patients with Diabetic Foot Ulcers.
- Assessment of ulcers on the foot.
- Understanding the role and scope of practice as a Foot care certified professional.
- Describe strategies to prevent foot problems and complication including shoe gear, socks, pads, taping, cleansing and moisturizing.
CLASSROOM WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
January 15, 2022
February 19, 2022
March 12, 2022
April 16, 2022
May 14, 2022
June 11, 2022
July 16, 2022
August 13, 2022
September 17, 2022
October 08, 2022
November 19, 2022
December 03, 2022
TIME: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
One Day Onsite/Classroom Workshop
Involves lectures, interactive demonstrations and hands-on skills training.
One Day Virtual Workshop / Live Session
Involves lectures, interactive learning and visual training.
VIRTUAL WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
January 22, 2022
February 26, 2022
March 19, 2022
April 23, 2022
May 21, 2022
June 25, 2022
July 23, 2022
August 20, 2022
September 24, 2022
October 22, 2022
November 26, 2022
December 10, 2022
TIME: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
LVN – Licensed Vocational Nurses
LPN – Licensed Practical Nurse
RN – Registered Nurses
APRN – Advanced Practice Nurses
MA/NA – Medical Assistant or Nursing Assistant
ADDRESS: 1420 VALWOOD PARKWAY, SUITE 170A
CARROLLTON, TEXAS 75006
HOW TO REGISTER
To register for the course, please visit Advanced Health Institute
Participants will earn 8.0 contact hours of continuing education credits for attending and successfully completing the competency skills.