FOOT CARE CERTIFIED (FC-C)
Organization for Wound Care Nurses and Allied Healthcare Professionals (OWCNAHP) is committed to providing Board Certification for all healthcare providers through evidenced based training programs and hands on skills competencies, while maintaining the highest standards of continuing medical & nursing education.
Foot Care Certification program is one of the most comprehensive training programs available for nurses and allied medical professionals. Upon successful completion of the program nurses can receive the title “Foot Care Certified” and other Allied medical professionals can utilize the title as a “Foot Care Certified” professional. In addition to class participation, all attendees are required to complete 8.0 of hours of hands-on foot care skills review with a certified Foot Care professional i.e., Podiatrist or a Certified Foot Care Nurse. Upon successful completion of the program, all attendees will receive OWCNAHP certification as a “Foot Care Certified” (FC-C) title which is valid for (4) years and verifiable online at www.woundcarenurses.org.
- Define Anatomy and physiology of the nail and foot.
- Identify Diseases affecting the lower extremities & Functional Disabilities.
- Identify safe techniques of cutting the toe nails and removing hyperkeratotic lesions.
- Appropriate use of: nail nippers, curettes, stainless steel rasp or file, manual sanding files, powered rotary tool.
- Discuss techniques and protocols which will prevent cross contamination of instruments, equipment, environment, patient exposure.
- Describe the use of testing modalities such as the 5.07 Monofilament, tuning fork, Doppler.
- Principles in the Care of Patients with Diabetic Foot Ulcers.
- Assessment of ulcers on the foot.
- Understanding the role and scope of practice as a Foot care certified professional.
- Describe strategies to prevent foot problems and complication including shoe gear, socks, pads, taping, cleansing and moisturizing.
Attendees can schedule classes at their convenience as needed. Foot care certification course cannot be taken on same days as other courses are scheduled. Please contact us for more information.
One Day Onsite/Classroom Workshop
Involves lectures, interactive demonstrations and hands-on skills training.
One Day Virtual Workshop / Live Session
Involves lectures, interactive learning and visual training.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
LVN – Licensed Vocational Nurses
LPN – Licensed Practical Nurse
RN – Registered Nurses
APRN – Advanced Practice Nurses
MA/NA – Medical Assistant or Nursing Assistant
ADDRESS: 1420 VALWOOD PARKWAY, SUITE 170A
CARROLLTON, TEXAS 75006
HOW TO REGISTER
To register for the course, please visit Advanced Health Institute
Participants will earn 8.0 contact hours of continuing education credits for attending and successfully completing the competency skills.