CERTIFIED WOUND CARE PRACTITIONER (WCP-C)
Organization for Wound Care Nurses and Allied Healthcare Professionals (OWCNAHP) is committed to providing Board Certification for all healthcare providers through evidenced based training programs and hands on skills competencies, while maintaining the highest standards of continuing medical & nursing education.
The Wound Care Practitioner Certification Course (WCP-C) is a premier training program formulated to meet the educational needs of the Advanced Practice Nurses working in different clinical settings. This course provides a comprehensive review about different types of wounds and management strategies currently utilized nationally. In addition; skills competency session provides each attendee with the hands-on experience needed to carry out wound care procedures as approved by the CMS. Course covers clear understanding of the role as a Certified Wound Care Practitioner and includes comprehensive review of H&P, ICD10 codes, Procedure / CPT codes and Evaluation & Management codes. Course participation will increase the knowledge, skills, ability and confidence of the attendees leading to improved patient outcomes. Upon successful completion of the program, all attendees will receive OWCNAHP certification as a “Wound Care Technician Certified” (WCP-C) title which is valid for (4) years and verifiable online at www.woundcarenurses.org.
- Anatomy & Physiology of the skin.
- Phases of wound healing.
- Basic fundamentals of wound care.
- Classifications of wounds based on CMS / ICD-10 criteria: Identification & Treatment.
- Wound Care Practitioner: Types, properties and uses of wound debridement
- Wound Care Dressings: Properties & Uses.
- Wound Care evaluation & management guidelines utilizing Standard of Care Continuum.
- APRN Prescriptive authority and the Wound Care Practitioner role.
- APRN Consultation rules and Scope of practice.
- Skills Lab: Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) Dressing, Wound culture technique, Compression therapy, Aseptic dressing change technique, Circulation assessment utilizing Doppler and wound measurement technique.
CLASSROOM WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
March 11, 2023
April 15, 2023
May 13, 2023
June 10, 2023
July 15, 2023
August 19, 2023
September 09, 2023
October 07, 2023
November 11, 2023
December 02, 2023
TIME: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
One Day Onsite/Classroom Workshop
Involves lectures, interactive demonstrations and hands-on skills training.
One Day Virtual Workshop / Live Session
Involves lectures, interactive learning and visual training.
VIRTUAL WORKSHOP SCHDULE
March 18, 2023
April 22, 2023
May 20, 2023
June 17, 2023
July 22, 2023
August 26, 2023
September 16, 2023
October 14, 2023
November 18, 2023
December 09, 2023
TIME: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
APRN – Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
ADDRESS: 13988 Diplomat Drive #100
Farmers Branch, Texas 75234
HOW TO REGISTER
To register for the course, please visit Advanced Health Institute
Participants will earn 8.0 contact hours of continuing education credits for attending and successfully completing the competency skills.