WOUND CARE PRACTITIONER CERTIFICATION
Organization of Wound Care Nurses (OWCN) was established in 2010 in Dallas, Texas, U.S.A., for all Licensed Nurses practicing in different care settings. Organization of Wound Care Nurses (OWCN) provides training opportunities, collaboration & consultation with wound care experts, and clinical & administrative support world wide. Organization of Wound Care Nurses (OWCN) membership is free of cost and currently have thousands of members worldwide.
The Wound Care Practitioner Certification Course (WCP-C) is a premier training program formulated to meet the educational needs of the Advanced Practice Nurses working in different clinical settings. This course provides a comprehensive review about different types of wounds and management strategies currently utilized nationally. In addition; skills competency session provides each attendee with the hands-on experience needed to carry out wound care procedures as approved by the CMS. Course covers clear understanding of the role as a Wound Care Practitioner and includes comprehensive review of E/M codes, CPT codes and ICD 10 codes. Course participation will increase the knowledge, skills, ability and confidence of the attendees leading to improved patient outcomes.
- Anatomy & Physiology of the skin.
- Phases of wound healing.
- Classifications of wounds: Identification & Treatment.
- Wound Care Dressings: Properties & Uses.
- Wound Care evaluation & management guidelines.
- APRN Prescriptive authority and the Wound Care Practitioner role.
- WCP-C Consultation and maintaining standard of care.
- APRN Wound care billing & coding.
- Skills Lab: Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) Dressing, Wound culture technique, Compression therapy and other CMS approved procedures.
June 27, 2020
July 18, 2020
August 15, 2020
September 19, 2020
October 24, 2020
November 14, 2020
December 05, 2020
TIME: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
ADDRESS: 1420 VALWOOD PARKWAY, SUITE 170A
CARROLLTON, TEXAS 75006
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
MA – Medical Assistants
RN – Registered Nurses
EMT – Emergency Medical Technicians
EMT-P – Paramedics
HOW TO REGISTER
To register for the course, please visit Advanced Health Institute
Participants will earn 8.0 contact hours of continuing education credits for attending and successfully completing the competency skills.